The Turkish American National Steering Committee (TASC) is reporting that its leaders have been briefing Turkish ministers and an MP on their activities, including those “which reach out to the US political leaders, media, and public.” According to the TASC tweet:
July 25, 2021, TASC CoChair Dr Halil Mutlu had a very productive meeting with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu and Deputy Foreign Minister Yavuz Selim Kiran in Ankara. During the meeting, Dr Mutlu summarized TASC projects which reach out to the US political leaders, media, and public.
Read the rest here.
Another recent TASC tweet reports that TASC briefed Mehmet Mehdi Eker, an AKP politician and President of the Turkey-USA Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group, on “the advocacy activities of the Turkish American community under TASC leadership.”
The Turkish American National Steering Committee (TASC) is strongly tied to Turkish President Erdoğan:
- TASC co-chair Halil Mutlu is Erdoğan’s cousin.
- TASC co-chair Gunay Evinch is a principal of Saltzman & Evinch, a law firm retained by Turkey and registered as a foreign agent of Turkey in 2020.
- TASC’s former treasurer, Murat Guzel, detailed his US political activities in e‑mails to Erdoğan family members.
Other GIOR reporting on TASC has included:
- In July 2021, we reported that New York City Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams had received donations from TASC leaders.
- In June 2021, we reported that TASC’s new Vice-Chairman of the Board is also the president of the USA youth wing of MÜSİAD, a Turkish Islamist businessman’s group.
- In May 2021, we reported that TASC co-organized a Ramadan iftar (fast-breaking) with the Mayor’s Office of Paterson, NJ, also attended by NJ Congressman Bill Pascrell.
Comments are closed here.