An Irish MP and a member of the Israeli Parliament are scheduled to be among the panelists of a 21 May 2021 online roundtable titled “Israeli Apartheid and the Palestinian Struggle” organized by a coalition of UK Muslim Brotherhood groups. According to a Facebook post announcing the event:
Online Roundtable: Israeli Apartheid and the Palestinian Struggle.
Fri 21 May 2021, 5.30pm‑6.45pm GMT/UK
Read the rest here.
The event is set to be moderated by Anas Altikriti, a leader of the Global Muslim Brotherhood (GMB) in the United Kingdom, and is co-hosted by several British Islamic groups tied to the GMB and the international Hamas support network:
- The Cordoba Foundation, described by the former UK Prime Minister David Cameron as a “political front for the Muslim Brotherhood” and headed by Anas Altikriti.
- Muslim Association of Britain, the main organization of the Muslim Brotherhood in the UK.
- Europal Forum, also referred to as the European Palestinian Communications Forum, a group whose leaders have historically been close to the GMB and the Hamas support infrastructure.
- Palestinian Forum in Britain, a part of the British Hamas support network and whose long-time public relations spokesperson Zaher Birawi also heads the Palestinian Return Centre, described by Israel as “Hamas’s organizational branch in Europe.”
The event’s panelists will include the following:
- Francie Molloy, Sinn Fein MP for the Northern Irish Mid Ulster district.
- Yousef Jabareen, member of a group of Arabic parties in the Israeli Parliament that includes the Ra’am Party, closely affiliated with the Southern Branch of the Islamic Movement in Israel, which has confirmed it adheres to the Muslim Brotherhood’s school of thought.
- Daud Abdullah, former Deputy Secretary-General of the Muslim Council of Britain and director of MEMO.
- Phyllis Bennis, board member of the progressive Jewish pro-Palestinian human rights group Jewish Voice for Peace and a harsh critic of Israel.
- Ilan Pappé, an Israeli historian and socialist activist highly critical of Israel that has repeatedly participated in conferences with individuals in the GMB and Hamas support network.
Prior reporting by the Global Influence Operations Report (GIOR) about the European Hamas support infrastructure has included:
- A January 2021 report that the European Hamas support network had established a new front group.
- An April 2021 report that a Danish MP for the left-wing Red-Green Alliance had participated in a virtual conference hosted by the same Hamas support group.
- A May 2021 report that UK Labour Muslim Network had hosted a “Virtual Iftar” featuring pro-Hamas activists and GMB leaders.
- A May 2012 report that a virtual GMB scholars conference brought together a UN-sanctioned terrorism financier, GMB leaders, and a British organization known to be pro-Hamas.
Comments are closed here.